28 September 2021
Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched the seventh consecutive edition of Swach Survekshan on September 28, 2021 in New Delhi.
· Swach Survekshan is the largest urban cleanliness survey of the world, which is conducted by Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban.
- This programme is designed with “People First” as its driving philosophy.
- Swach Survekshan 2022 was launched with the objective of capturing initiatives of cities for welfare and well-being of frontline sanitation workers.
- 7th edition of the survey will also give priority to the voices of senior citizens & young adults and reinforce their participation in upholding the cleanliness of urban India.
Swach Survekshan 2022
- This edition has incorporated specific indicators which drives cities to improve working conditions and livelihood opportunities for frontline workers in urban India’s sanitation journey.
- It will aim to capture feedback from senior citizens as the integral part of the survey, in order to keep with the theme of Azaadi@75 as well as to pay tribute to the wisdom of elderly.
About Swachh Survekshan
- It is an annual survey of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation across cities and towns in India.
- This survey initiative was launched under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, that aimed to make India clean and free of open defecation by October 2, 2019.
- First ever survey was conducted in 2016, covering 73 cities.
- As of 2020, this survey has covered about 4242 cities.
Who conducts the survey?
- This survey is conducted by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) in association with the Quality Council of India (QCI) as its implementation partner.