7 January 2021.
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways & MSME,Mr. Nitin Gadkari, is to launch an innovative new paint developed by Khadi and Village Industries Commission on Tuesday (12-01-2021).
Name of the paint: Khadi Prakritik Paint
Speciality of this paint:
- It is first of its kind.
- Cow- dung is the main ingredient.
- This paint is free from heavy metals like lead, mercury, chromium, arsenic, cadmium and others.
- Khadi Prakritik paint is cost-effective and odourless and has been certified by Bureau of Indian Standards.
- Khadi Prakritik Paint is available in two forms – distemper paint and plastic emulsion paint.
Vision behind the paint:
- The production of Khadi Prakritik Paint is aligned with Hon’ble Prime Minister’s vision of increasing farmers’ income.
- The project was conceptualized by Chairman KVIC in March 2020.
- It is developed by Kumarappa National Handmade Paper Institute, Jaipur (KVIC unit).
Utility to the farmers:
- . It is expected to boost local manufacturing and create sustainable local employment through technology transfer.
- This Khadi Prakritik Paint technology will increase consumption of cow dung as a raw material for eco-friendly products and generate additional revenue to farmers and gaushalas.
- The sale of this paint is expected to help farmers an extra income of Rs 30,000 per animal, per year.
- The utilization of cow dung will also clean the environment and prevent clogging of drains.
Verification of the Khadi paint:
- The Khadi Prakritik Distemper & Emulsion Paints have been tested at three National Laboratories – National Test House, Mumbai; Shri Ram Institute for Industrial Research, New Delhi; National Test House, Ghaziabad.
- Khadi Prakritik Emulsion paint meets BIS 15489:2013 standards; whereas Khadi Prakritik Distemper paint meets BIS 428:2013 standards.