2 July 2020.
Delhi Government has planned to organise a mega tree plantation drive to plant 31 lakh saplings in 17 days under the campaign “Paudhe lagao,paryavaran bachao’’.
- The campaign will be held from 10-26 July 2020. The information was passed by Delhi Environment Minister Gopal Rai on 2 July 2020.
- The campaign is launched with an aim to reduce air pollution by increasing green cover in the national capital.
- The campaign will be launched near ITO in National Highway 20 (NH 20).
- Out of the 31 lakh saplings, 20 lakh saplings will be of big trees and the remaining 11 lakh saplings will be of shrubs that will be planted on both sides of the road.
- Out of these 31 lakh saplings,Delhi Government’s various departments will be planting 18 lakh.
- Delhi Development Authority will be planting 9 lakh and 40 thousand saplings.
- Delhi Municipal Corporation in collaboration with Delhi Metro,Northern Railways and BSEB will plant 2 lakh saplings.