27 June 2020.
Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (Independent charge)Shri Prahlad Singh Patel has called for organizing of “Sankalp Parva” and plant trees as desired by our Prime Minister. The Prime Minister has called for planting at least five trees wherever possible to ensure clean and healthy environment in the country.
- Ministry of Culture has decided to celebrate Sankalp Parva from 28th June to 12 July 2020.
- Ministry expects all its Subordinate Offices, Academies, Attached Institutions, and Affiliated Institutions to plant trees in its campus or at the surroundings wherever it is possible.
- Ministry of Culture recommends to plant five trees which have been identified by our Prime Minister and which represent the herbal heritage of our country.
- These trees are (i) “Bargad” (ii) “Awla” (iii) “Pepal” (iv) “Ashok” (v) “Bel”.
- If saplings of these trees are not available then people may do plantation of any other sapling of their choice.
- Organizations must ensure that each employee should plant at least one tree of his/her choice over and above these five trees which should be planted as per the call of the Prime Minister.
- The Institutions must also ensure that the employee takes care of plant planted by him during the year so that it survives and flourishes.
- The Minister has urged all to participate in the Sankalp Parv and share the photo of plantation with #संकल्पपर्व #SankalpParv with Ministry of Culture.
- As the monsoon season sets in, it is the right time for plantation.
- The importance of clean and healthy environment has been emphasised very clearly during this COVID 19 pandemic.
- We are proud of our Herbal Wealth which has enough strength to enable us to sail through safely in the period of Pandemic.
- Hence everybody should participate in this “Sankalp Parv “and plant and take care of at least one plant, so that a healthy environment and a flourishing “Bharat” can be created.