16 September 2022.
The International Water Association’s World Water Congress and Exhibition was organized in Denmark from September 1 to 15.
- The IWA World Water Congress & Exhibition is organized every few years across the world to bring together experts to share insights, network and do business.
- It provides opportunity to focus on current issues and trends and reflect on the strengths of the location in which the event is being organized.
- The 2022 edition was organized in Copenhagen based on the theme ‘Water for Smart Liveable Cities’.
- It showcased the best practices in Denmark and other Nordic countries as well those from the rest of the world.
- The latest edition is the largest and most comprehensive till date.
- It included contributions from Denmark, South Africa and several cities.
- During the event, India and Denmark launched the Joint Whitepaper on ‘Urban Wastewater Scenario in India’.
- The whitepaper was jointly prepared by Indian government team consisting of partners from Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog, Jal Shakti Ministry and NMCG, international agency Innovation Centre Denmark (ICDK) and academia Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB).
What is ‘Urban Wastewater Scenario in India’?
The Whitepaper on ‘Urban Wastewater Scenario in India’ aims to comprehensively capture the present status of wastewater treatment in India. Its purpose is to create opportunities for future treatment structures, co-creation and collaborations. This comes as the result of the Indo-Danish Bilateral Green Strategic Partnership, which has focus areas like green hydrogen, renewable energy and water management.
About Indo-Danish Bilateral Green Strategic Partnership
The Indo-Danish Bilateral Green Strategic Partnership came into existence during the virtual summit between Prime Minister Modi and his Danish counterpart in 2020. It builds on the existing agreement that established a Joint Commission for Cooperation between the two countries and provide the mutual benefit in economic growth, job opportunities, green transition, implementation of the Paris Agreement and achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals.