25 May 2022.
The India chapter of the Alliance of CEO Climate Action Leaders has been launched on the 23rd of May 2022 by the World Economic Forum (WEF) to boost India’s decarbonization and climate action efforts.
- This alliance has brought together CEOs from the leading businesses of India.
- This alliance is a part of the WEF’s Climate Action Platform and will be looking to build upon the inputs from global projects like the First Movers Coalition and the Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders.
- The Indian chapter of the Alliance will be bringing together the businesses, government, and various other key stakeholders to achieve India’s target of net zero by 2070.
- This Alliance is collaboration between the Indian think-tank Observer Research Foundation and the management consultancy Kearney.
Aim of this alliance:
- This alliance will be serving as a high-level platform with the aim of supporting business leaders of the country to plan and implement programmes through which climate targets, including the net-zero economic growth, can be achieved.
- The Alliance will also be taking collaborative and decisive steps to scale up efforts to meet the net-zero targets of the country.
About the World Economic Forum:
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) was founded in the year 1971 and it brings together decision-makers from across the globe to work on various projects so as to make a real difference in society.
- The WEF is generally known for its annual meeting that is held in Davos, Switzerland.
- The meeting is attended by around 3,000 paying members as well as selected participants like business leaders, investors, economists, political leaders, and journalists. Around 500 sessions are held for a period of up to five days to discuss various global issues.