Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) announced to develop and launch a Climate Change Awareness Campaign and a National Photography Competition.
- Both the events will be held in Surat, Gujarat on February 4th and 5th 2022. Events will be held as a part of ministry’s preparatory activities under the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Both the campaign and the competition will be organised with the aim of raising concerns regarding climate change, advance climate action in cities and inform the participants of alternative approaches.
- Bye-bye campaigns will be led by municipal Commissioners, top heads of urban local bodies, and Smart City CEOs, in a bid to bring the attention of young minds towards the challenges and solutions arising from Urban Climate Change and Sustainable solutions across their municipalities.
Events under the campaign
- During the campaign, city officials will create awareness in academic institutions on Climate Change and Sustainable actions.
- City officials will also carry out a social media awareness campaign in which City leaders such as Mayors, Municipal Commissioners or Smart City CEOs will talk about climate actions, which can be implemented in their city.
- issues that will be taken up for discussion include plantation drive, cleaning of water bodies, promoting the adoption of solar energy, recycling of e-waste, or other such initiatives which promotes climate adaptation or mitigation actions.
National Photography Competition
National Photography Competition will be held in two categories:
- Climate Impacts in Cities and
- Climate Actions in Cities.
Photos for the competition can be submitted before January 26, 2022.
Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav
The Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav started on March 12, 2021. It marks the 75-week countdown for 75th anniversary of India’s independence. It is an to celebrate 75 years of progressive India as well as glorious history of its people, culture, and achievements. It is dedicated to the people of India who have been instrumental in bringing India this far in its evolutionary journey.