7 June 2021.
80 acres of ‘Oxi-van’ (a forest) is being created in Karnal district. It was announced by Chief Minister of Haryana- Manohar Lal Khattar.
This announcement was made on the occasion of World Environment Day on June 5, 2021. Oxi-van will consist of 10 types of forests.
On the occasion, highlighting importance of trees and encouraging promotion, protection, planting of trees Haryana Government launched four important schemes:
- Prana Vayu Devta Pension Scheme
- Oxi-Van in Karnal
- Oxi-Van in Panchkula
- Panchavati Plantation in Haryana
Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme
- Under this scheme, a pension amount of Rs 2500 will be provided in name of Pran Vayu Devta to maintain trees above 75 years.
- This pension would increase each year on the line of old age samman pension.
Panchavati Plantation in Haryana
- Under this initiative, plantation will be done in name of Panchvati across the villages in Haryana.
- It will promote the process of getting natural oxygen from trees.
- Agro forestry will also be promoted on vacant land under the initiative.
- Thus, it will increase income of Panchayats in rural areas.
Oxy-Van in Karnal
- Oxy Forest was launched on Forest Department land in Mughal Canal, Karnal. Panchavati, trees of Bel, Amla, Ashoka, Banyan and Peepal were planted.
- It will be built on 80 acres area.
Oxy-Van in Panchkula
- It will be established in Bir Ghaggar on area of one hundred acres in a bid to create Mother Nature’s green lungs, for residents of Panchkula, to get in fresh oxygen.
- Rs One crore has been sanctioned for this initiative.