30 March 2021.
Japan’s famous cherry blossoms in Kyoto, Japan, have peaked at their earliest date in 1,200 year,and scientists say climate change is the likely cause.
- Sakura – Peak bloom of Cherry was reached on March 26 in the ancient capital of Kyoto, the earliest since 1409.
- Cherry blossom is the national flower of Japan.
- It is a flower of many trees of genus Prunus .
- In India it is grown in Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir and northern districts of West Bengal namely Jalpaiguri and Darjeeling
- The National Cherry Blossom Festival is celebrated in Washington, D.C, USA.
- The festival is marked to commemorate March 27, 1912. On this day, Mayor Yukio Ozaki of Tokyo City gifted Japanese cherry trees to the city of Washington, D.C. Mayor Ozaki.
- Somei Yoshino (Yoshino cherry) is the most popular variety of Cherry Blossom.
- The first Cherry Blossom Festival was held in late 1934. However, the festival officially became a national annual event in in 1935.