13 January 2021.
The Tsar Icicle was in news recently as it collapsed killing four tourists in Russia. An icicle is a spike of ice formed when water falling from an object freezes.
What and where is Tsar Icicle?
- The Vilyuchinsky waterfall in winter is called Tsar Icicle and is tourist attraction.
- The Vilyuchinsky waterfall lies in Kamchatka peninsula.
- Kanchataka volcanoes are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- It is home to more than one hundred and sixty volcanoes.
- Of these twenty-nine are still active.
- Many of these volcanoes are capped with glaciers.
- As these glaciers melt during warm weather, they form waterfalls.
- One such waterfall is the Vilyuchinsky waterfalls.