2 November 2020.
On November 1, 2020, the Union Minister of Development of the North Eastern Region Shri Jitendra Singh inaugurated the Mansar Lake Development Plan in Jammu and Kashmir.
- It is planned to attract more than 20 lakh tourists every year.
- It is expected to generate employment of 1.15 crores of man-days. In all, the project will generate Rs 800 crores of revenue.
- The lake is to be rejuvenated and renovated on the lines of Ganga river cleaning project.
- Along with Lake Mansar, River Devika of Jammu and Kashmir is also to be renovated and rejuvenated.
The region will soon receive the first Bio-tech Industrial Park and first seed-processing plant of North India.
The following were the recent developmental activities that were implemented in Jammu and Kashmir
- The Shahpur Kandi Irrigation project was recently revived
- The Ujh Multipurpose project has been revived after 5 decades.
- Katra-Delhi expressway corridor
- World highest railway bridge in Raesi
- A new airport at Kishtwar under UDAN scheme
As tourism contributes to 7% of GDP of Jammu and Kashmir, it plays a major role in the revenue of the state.
It is located in Jammu. It has been designated as Ramsar convention site in 2005. It is a freshwater lake. It is a natural lake and fishing is the major activity.