22 June 2020.
NITI Aayog in collaboration with International Transport Forum will launch the ‘Decarbonising Transport in India’ project on 24th June 2020.
Aim of the project: The main aim of the project will be to develop a pathway towards a low-carbon transport system for India.
- The Decarbonising Transport international project will be launched between 5-7pm on June 24, 2020 through livestream on YouTube.
- The online launch event will inform the concerned transport and climate stakeholders in India about the planned project activities.
- The event will also offer the opportunity to provide inputs regarding India’s transport challenges and how they relate to CO2 reduction ambitions.
- The discussion will help to focus the project further on India’s specific needs and circumstances.
- The project will design a tailor-made transport emissions assessment framework for India. It will also provide the central government with a detailed understanding of current and future transport activity and the related CO2 emissions as a basis for their decision-making.
About DTEE Project
The India project is a part of the International Transport Forum’s “Decarbonising Transport in Emerging Economies” (DTEE) family of projects. The projects are aimed at supporting transport decarbonisation across different world regions. The current participants of the transport projects include India, Azerbaijan, Argentina and Morocco.
ITF is a think tank for policy issues. It is headquartered in Paris, France. It is an intergovernmental organisation with the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OCED).