2 April 2020
- The 2020 United Nations Climate Change Conference, also known as COP26, is the 26th United Nations Climate Change conference.
- It was scheduled to be held in Glasgow, Scotland from 9 to 20 November 2020 under the presidency of the UK government.
- The conference is set to incorporate the 26th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), the 16th meeting of the parties for the Kyoto Protocol (CMP16), and the third meeting of the parties for the Paris Agreement (CMA3).
- This conference was set to have been the first “global stocktake” that was outlined in the Paris Agreement.
- The conference was scheduled to be held at the SEC Centre (Scottish Exhibition Centre)in central Glasgow.
- On April 1 2020 it was announced that the conference had been postponed, to an undetermined date in 2021, in light of the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic