A Swedish foundation has announced the launch of two awards of a million dollars each to reward sustainable food solutions. This is to revolutionise the food system to preserve the planet.
- Sweden has created two new prizes named ‘Food Planet Prizes’, to be awarded for solutions to feed billions of people, as climate change threatens the world’s food supply and a growing population requires sustainable food systems.
- Food Planet Prizes will be worth USD 1 million each, and will encourage people to work towards sustainable food production.
- The prizes will be awarded annually in two categories:
- an existing scalable solution for sustainable foods
- innovative initiatives that could transform the global food sector
- The first edition of prizes is scheduled to be awarded in 2020 ending.