6 July 2020.
A campaign “Mission Vriksharopan-2020” has been launched by the Uttar Pradesh government.
- Under this campaign, more than 25 crore saplings were planted on 5th July in Uttar Pradesh.
- The tree plantation drive was launched on the occasion of Guru Poornima and hence several people planted saplings to pay respect to their mentors.
- Chief Minister of U.P planted three sapling of Ficus Religiosa, Ficus Virens and Banyan plant at Harishankari Vatika at Kukrel forest in lucknow on this occasion.
- Under the Mission Vriksharopan- medicinal, fruit yielding, environmental, shady, fodder, and other important plants of more than 201 species are being planted which include Ficus Religiosa, Pipal, Ficus Virens,-Pakad, Mulvari, Neem, Jamun,Arjun,Sahjan and Banyan.
- The plantation programme will also focus on biodiversity conservation for which saplings will be planted along the banks of river Ganga and its tributaries.
- Geo-tagging will also be done at the plantation sites.